Turnabout H.U.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Turnabout H.U.G.

Derp

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Turnabout HUG Blog

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Riu
Admin
Riu

Turnabout HUG Blog Empty
PostSubject: Turnabout HUG Blog   Turnabout HUG Blog Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2012, 21:11

The official discussion for the new blog.

General Rules for Blog Entries
1. Don't be random. That's fine for chatting, but when making a blog post, try to structure your thoughts somehow. Make it fun and interesting to read.
2. BE SURE TO CLARIFY WHO IS POSTING. We'll probably need to come up with some sort of header to specify, but for now, just make sure you say "Hey THUGS, [Blank] here!" or something similar.
3. Put a title for your post. Above the text box where the post is typed, there is a small text box that is labeled "Post Title" Try to remember to put a title on it.

So, what I had originally intended was for all of us to share a turnabouthug Google account, but it keeps showing up under my name. I want you guys to keep the password if I gave it to you; you're welcome to use the account at any time if you need to do something with the email or on Youtube, but I've sent invites to all the THUGs to become authors for the blog, so that every entry doesn't appear under my name.

Last edited by Riu on May 30th 2012, 23:01; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Minako
Admin
Minako

Turnabout HUG Blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turnabout HUG Blog   Turnabout HUG Blog Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2012, 22:08

Well, I'll contribute too then!
I'll come up with an introduction something like what you guys have been doing by tomorrow.

Just curious, but are we going to have any kind of theme going with this? We could each have our own individual thing or a group thing. Or both maybe? Or just have anybody who wants to have their own little segment or whatever do one?
I'm just spewing out everything that pops into my head right now in case you couldn't tell.
Back to top Go down
https://turnabouthug.forumotion.com
Riu
Admin
Riu

Turnabout HUG Blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turnabout HUG Blog   Turnabout HUG Blog Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2012, 22:16

I dunno. For the Vlog; which is what I think I'll focus on, for now anyways; I was going to try to have a different topic each video. Not necessarily any focus overall.
If you guys want to have specific theme for yours though, that's cool.
Back to top Go down
Riu
Admin
Riu

Turnabout HUG Blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turnabout HUG Blog   Turnabout HUG Blog Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2012, 22:32

I've updated the OP with some general rules and guidelines; nothing restrictive or weird, just a few reminders.
Back to top Go down
Minako
Admin
Minako

Turnabout HUG Blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turnabout HUG Blog   Turnabout HUG Blog Icon_minitimeMay 30th 2012, 22:32

Alright. I was thinking I would do pretty much the same thing you're doing for the vlog [changing the topic every week and what not].
And I'll at least do an introduction on the blog. After that I don't know where I'll go with it since I'll probably be more focused on the vlog.
Back to top Go down
https://turnabouthug.forumotion.com
Lida_Rose

Turnabout HUG Blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turnabout HUG Blog   Turnabout HUG Blog Icon_minitimeMay 31st 2012, 00:14

Well, as long as we're talking about the blog, I came up with a subject I'd like to blog about for here. I was thinking I could look up book descriptions of relatively new books on Amazon and say what I think based solely on that. Then end it with saying whether or not I'd give the book a chance.

Just going to throw that topic out here.
Back to top Go down
Riu
Admin
Riu

Turnabout HUG Blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turnabout HUG Blog   Turnabout HUG Blog Icon_minitimeMay 31st 2012, 00:21

Lida_Rose wrote:
Well, as long as we're talking about the blog, I came up with a subject I'd like to blog about for here. I was thinking I could look up book descriptions of relatively new books on Amazon and say what I think based solely on that. Then end it with saying whether or not I'd give the book a chance.

Just going to throw that topic out here.
Sure, you could give it a heading like "Lida's Book News" or something not-stupid and less cheesy than the name I just made up.
Not every post you make would HAVE to be about books, either, if you didn't want one to be.
Back to top Go down
Lida_Rose

Turnabout HUG Blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turnabout HUG Blog   Turnabout HUG Blog Icon_minitimeMay 31st 2012, 00:25

I know. I could always take a break from the topic if I feel the need to address something else, but I figured I could give myself something to consistently strive for.

"Books, Yay Or Nay?" is what I was thinking the title should be. XD.
Back to top Go down
Riu
Admin
Riu

Turnabout HUG Blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turnabout HUG Blog   Turnabout HUG Blog Icon_minitimeMay 31st 2012, 00:27

That'd be fun, and maybe you could also do follow-up reviews for books you decided to spring for too!
Back to top Go down
Lida_Rose

Turnabout HUG Blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turnabout HUG Blog   Turnabout HUG Blog Icon_minitimeMay 31st 2012, 00:28

Or just put the title of the book and put afterward, "Read Or Stay Away?" And that's a good idea, Riu! It'd give me motivation to start reading avidly again.
Back to top Go down
Riu
Admin
Riu

Turnabout HUG Blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turnabout HUG Blog   Turnabout HUG Blog Icon_minitimeMay 31st 2012, 00:34

By the by, what day of the week would you like to post your weekly blog post?
Back to top Go down
Lida_Rose

Turnabout HUG Blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turnabout HUG Blog   Turnabout HUG Blog Icon_minitimeMay 31st 2012, 00:38

I'm thinking Friday. Monday is the day of the week where I tend to be really slow and Wednesday is my busiest day. So, dibs on Friday!
Back to top Go down
Crooked
Crooked

Turnabout HUG Blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turnabout HUG Blog   Turnabout HUG Blog Icon_minitimeMay 31st 2012, 15:04

I'm good with either Monday or Wednesday. My dear NS is always working overtime so I suppose I'll have to take Mondays. Anything for my honeybear snooky-muffin-poo.
Back to top Go down
Goken
Goken

Turnabout HUG Blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turnabout HUG Blog   Turnabout HUG Blog Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2012, 17:35

Oh gosh
Back to top Go down
Goken
Goken

Turnabout HUG Blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turnabout HUG Blog   Turnabout HUG Blog Icon_minitimeJune 1st 2012, 17:36

Oh and I'd rather not have a set schedule, I'd never ever ever stick to it :P Plus I'm gonna be away quite a lot in the summer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Turnabout HUG Blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turnabout HUG Blog   Turnabout HUG Blog Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Turnabout HUG Blog
Page 1 of 1