Turnabout H.U.G.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Turnabout H.U.G.

Derp

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Blast from the Past...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
cloud-atlas

cloud-atlas

A Blast from the Past... Empty
PostSubject: A Blast from the Past...   A Blast from the Past... Icon_minitimeJuly 4th 2014, 09:49

Hi guys!
I'm not sure if anyone actually visits this anymore, or if anyone remembers me, but I was hippietree back in the day. And, I don't know why really, but you guys popped into my head this morning. So I thought I'd see if I could find the ol' forum. And I ended up finding the old one, and then this one. I haven't poked around too much since it would probably make me sad, but it looks like you guys have done great things with the place!
Anyways I just wanted to say that back when we started this thing, I was in middle school and going through a bit of a strange phase (my name was "hippietree" after all *facepalm*) and the fact that you guys were there really meant a lot to me. I was pretty much the definition of a rebel without a cause, a wannabe hippie if you will. But I ended up finding my way, eventually. It also involved leaving the forum and doing like real people things out in the world, but hey that’s life. I’m in college now, at Vassar in New York. I’m going to be a sophomore (gosh I feel old) but my first year was awesome and I’m really excited about it!
I also wanted to thank you guys for being there and being the most awesome group of people on the internet. I literally only have the fondest memories of you guys. I’m sure most of you feel the same.
So yeah, that’s me. I’m not even sure if anyone will see this, feels a bit like throwing a message bottle into the ocean. But I thought it’d be worth a shot. If anyone stops by, please comment or something! I want to hear about how you’ve all been doing!
(And my name this time comes from a book, Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell. I can’t recommend it enough, it’s one of my favorites and there’s also a movie version. It basically talks about how we’re all connected in various ways that we can’t understand until we see the big picture, or the atlas of clouds. It just seemed appropriate somehow. Very Happy )
Gosh I’m sorry this is so sappy, I swear I’m actually funny sometimes. But yeah, love to everyone I know and anyone who’s joined along the way!
Back to top Go down
.Marisa.

PostSubject: Re: A Blast from the Past...   A Blast from the Past... Icon_minitimeJuly 8th 2014, 18:43

I remember you. :) Nice to hear from you again!
Back to top Go down
cloud-atlas

cloud-atlas

PostSubject: Re: A Blast from the Past...   A Blast from the Past... Icon_minitimeJuly 9th 2014, 08:36

HI MARISA!
Back to top Go down
Goken
Goken

PostSubject: Re: A Blast from the Past...   A Blast from the Past... Icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2014, 16:15

HI HIPPIETREE! It's Nintendosaiyan/NS! Sorry I'm a month late, this place has kinda died but I totally miss everybody. I've only really kept in contact with Ema :(

Don't worry about the whole 'old name sucks' thing. Nintendosaiyan is an awful name. But yeah, I'm 20 as of yesterday so times really have changed!
Back to top Go down
.Marisa.

PostSubject: Re: A Blast from the Past...   A Blast from the Past... Icon_minitimeAugust 13th 2014, 10:54

Goken wrote:
I'm 20 as of yesterday

Yeah, same here!

Guess we really are all officially adults now. Whatever that means.
Back to top Go down
Goken
Goken

PostSubject: Re: A Blast from the Past...   A Blast from the Past... Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2014, 23:06

Happy birthday Marisa!
Back to top Go down
.Marisa.

PostSubject: Re: A Blast from the Past...   A Blast from the Past... Icon_minitimeAugust 15th 2014, 10:26

Happy belated Birthday~
Back to top Go down
cloud-atlas

cloud-atlas

PostSubject: Re: A Blast from the Past...   A Blast from the Past... Icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2014, 15:17

Wow, I don't think I realized we were all so close in age, I turn 20 in December! (Gosh I feel old...)
And yeah, happy birthday guys!
Back to top Go down
Goken
Goken

PostSubject: Re: A Blast from the Past...   A Blast from the Past... Icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2014, 06:47

Dunno why, I always thought I was younger than you... and thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Blast from the Past...   A Blast from the Past... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Blast from the Past...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Turnabout H.U.G. :: Turnabout H.U.G. :: Introductions-
Jump to: