Turnabout H.U.G.

Derp

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Sooo...What are your favorite books and book series?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lida_Rose

PostSubject: Sooo...What are your favorite books and book series?    May 30th 2012, 01:10

Well, since no one's started a topic here and this place looked totally lonely, I decided to ask what everyone's favorite book and book series are.

Mine are, in no particular order:
The Harry Potter series, because, come on, that's a given,
The Fablehaven books,
The Chronicles of Narnia, all of them,
'Salem's Lot,
Watership Down,
And many others that I can't think of off the top of my head.

What are yours?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crooked

PostSubject: Re: Sooo...What are your favorite books and book series?    May 30th 2012, 15:02

Mmm, books.

っHarry Potter because it just makes everything else irrelevant
っA Series of Unfortunate Events because the Baudelaires
っPercy Jackson and the Olympians because gods
っxxxHOLiC even though I haven't even made a dent in the manga yet
っFuture Diary because pointless fluff and gore
っlots of Stephen King's stuff: Carrie, IT, Pet Sematary, Dolores Claiborne, The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordan, Lisey's Story, The Mist, Christine, Cujo, Misery, Needful Things, and I still have yet to read The Shining which is a big fat fail on my part.
っAnybody Out There / Rachel's Holiday / Watermelon / Lucy Sullivan's Getting Married (I think the author is Marian Keyes and they're hilarious and wonderful)
っFANFICTION

I have read so many books, but these are the ones that have stuck with me the most, so.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Riu
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sooo...What are your favorite books and book series?    May 30th 2012, 15:23

I read some of the Harry Potter books, and they're fun, but I wouldn't list them as a favorite.

The books I'm currently reading (not really my favorites):
Lord of the Rings (good god, if it weren't for it being the codified of how high fantasy should be done, it would feel like a parody of high fantasy)
1Q84 (It's interesting, but I'm not very far in)

My favorite series ever would have to be A Song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lida_Rose

PostSubject: Re: Sooo...What are your favorite books and book series?    May 30th 2012, 16:05

HOW COULD I FORGET TO PUT DOWN PERCY JACKSON AND THE OLYMPIANS?! BLARGH!!!

Anyway, I've read The Hobbit, but not Lord of the Rings because I just haven't gotten around to it yet. I kind of have lots of books I should be reading. Heh, heh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Minako
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sooo...What are your favorite books and book series?    May 30th 2012, 22:48

At the moment I'm reading Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice.
I started reading 1Q84 over winter break and then school started up before I could finish. I plan on picking it back up again after I finish Interview with the Vampire as it is a very interesting book from what I've read.

For my favorites? Well I have a lot of book that I would consider to be favorites, but the two that stand out to me would be The Pillars of the Earth, and World Without End by Ken Follett.

PostSubject: Re: Sooo...What are your favorite books and book series?    May 30th 2012, 23:28

Interview With The Vampire is a good book. I kinda stopped reading the Vampire Chronicles after The Vampire Lestat, though. For some reason, I just couldn't get in to Queen Of The Damned.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Minako
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sooo...What are your favorite books and book series?    May 30th 2012, 23:40

Well I like it so far and I've heard plenty of good things about most of the series, so I guess we will just see how much of them I read!

PostSubject: Re: Sooo...What are your favorite books and book series?    

Back to top Go down

Sooo...What are your favorite books and book series?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1