Turnabout H.U.G.

Derp

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Sooo...What are your favorite books and book series?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lida_Rose

PostSubject: Sooo...What are your favorite books and book series?    May 30th 2012, 01:10

Well, since no one's started a topic here and this place looked totally lonely, I decided to ask what everyone's favorite book and book series are.

Mine are, in no particular order:
The Harry Potter series, because, come on, that's a given,
The Fablehaven books,
The Chronicles of Narnia, all of them,
'Salem's Lot,
Watership Down,
And many others that I can't think of off the top of my head.

What are yours?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crooked

PostSubject: Re: Sooo...What are your favorite books and book series?    May 30th 2012, 15:02

Mmm, books.

っHarry Potter because it just makes everything else irrelevant
っA Series of Unfortunate Events because the Baudelaires
っPercy Jackson and the Olympians because gods
っxxxHOLiC even though I haven't even made a dent in the manga yet
っFuture Diary because pointless fluff and gore
っlots of Stephen King's stuff: Carrie, IT, Pet Sematary, Dolores Claiborne, The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordan, Lisey's Story, The Mist, Christine, Cujo, Misery, Needful Things, and I still have yet to read The Shining which is a big fat fail on my part.
っAnybody Out There / Rachel's Holiday / Watermelon / Lucy Sullivan's Getting Married (I think the author is Marian Keyes and they're hilarious and wonderful)
っFANFICTION

I have read so many books, but these are the ones that have stuck with me the most, so.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Riu
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sooo...What are your favorite books and book series?    May 30th 2012, 15:23

I read some of the Harry Potter books, and they're fun, but I wouldn't list them as a favorite.

The books I'm currently reading (not really my favorites):
Lord of the Rings (good god, if it weren't for it being the codified of how high fantasy should be done, it would feel like a parody of high fantasy)
1Q84 (It's interesting, but I'm not very far in)

My favorite series ever would have to be A Song of Ice and Fire
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lida_Rose

PostSubject: Re: Sooo...What are your favorite books and book series?    May 30th 2012, 16:05

HOW COULD I FORGET TO PUT DOWN PERCY JACKSON AND THE OLYMPIANS?! BLARGH!!!

Anyway, I've read The Hobbit, but not Lord of the Rings because I just haven't gotten around to it yet. I kind of have lots of books I should be reading. Heh, heh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Minako
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sooo...What are your favorite books and book series?    May 30th 2012, 22:48

At the moment I'm reading Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice.
I started reading 1Q84 over winter break and then school started up before I could finish. I plan on picking it back up again after I finish Interview with the Vampire as it is a very interesting book from what I've read.

For my favorites? Well I have a lot of book that I would consider to be favorites, but the two that stand out to me would be The Pillars of the Earth, and World Without End by Ken Follett.

PostSubject: Re: Sooo...What are your favorite books and book series?    May 30th 2012, 23:28

Interview With The Vampire is a good book. I kinda stopped reading the Vampire Chronicles after The Vampire Lestat, though. For some reason, I just couldn't get in to Queen Of The Damned.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Minako
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sooo...What are your favorite books and book series?    May 30th 2012, 23:40

Well I like it so far and I've heard plenty of good things about most of the series, so I guess we will just see how much of them I read!

PostSubject: Re: Sooo...What are your favorite books and book series?    

Back to top Go down

Sooo...What are your favorite books and book series?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Turnabout H.U.G. :: General Discussion :: Books-
Jump to: